By having multiple account classifications we’re ensuring no matter what G/L entries are operating against your transaction you have numerous different ways to classify and report across them. By providing you with these options in a clear manner you always have the ability to decide how you want to report across your data at later dates without having to worry about the granularity of your data structure upfront.
Some of these attributes, such as the ledger, for the transaction are automatically determined depending on the setup – see Core Transaction Processor. Others are determined depending on the owning entity, instrument, etc. the transaction is operating against.
- Transactions can be linked to one another for referencing and reporting purposes
Enterprise Data Tools
- Our workflow component of Enterprise Data Tools ensures you can easily incorporate comments, tasks, tags, and custom triggers/actions.
You can have as many currencies as you like setup in the system
Each transaction is recorded in two currencies: functional and local
- The currencies can automatically be assigned from the transaction configuration pulling from the owning entity, instrument or capital entity
- The system automatically pulls in the relevant exchange rate and calculates the equivalent functional currency amounts (although this can be overridden or entered by the user depending on the configuration)
Each transaction can have 0 or more g/l entries either automatically or manually added
Each g/l entry has 2 currencies; functional and local
You can create as many ledgers as you like in the system.
Each transaction belongs to a ledger;
- Sub transactions can belong to different ledgers
Each transaction can have 0 or more G/L entries, each of which can belong to different ledgers. For instance, some G/L entries could belong to a base ledgers and others to a tax ledger.
You can aggregate, combine and report across multiple ledgers.
You can have as many account classification types you like in the system
- Each account classification type can have any number of names
Each GL Account in the system can be assigned a name for each classification type setup
GL Reporting can aggregate across classification types and names